Monday, October 20, 2008

Perception of the Person I Interviewed

It was with great pleasure I completed this assignment. When I joined the church, I now attend, I was impressed with the guitar player. He is also the minister of music for the male chorus. He has a kind heart and it shows in his music and behavior as he directs the choir and leads praise and worship. When I interviewed him I saw that he was as genuine as he had lead me to believe. Usually, people change outside of the church environment, however, this man remained true to his personality and beliefs in every encounter I have had with him.

Through this act of communication I was able to develop a relationship with someone I have admired a long time. This assignment gave me opportunity to watch others nonverbal communications and see if what they said matches what they do. It also gave me opportunity to observe my own verbal and non-verbal communications. I realized I need to make changes to my nonverbal respones and reactions.

No comments: