Friday, October 3, 2008

My Response to the Interview Assignment

I gained a lot of insight into the feelings, ambitions, and attitudes of the person I interviewed. I was especially amazed at the level of self-confidence and humor that he had regarding his passion for art and the limitations of his visual disability. I felt that many people would find it difficult to maintain a sense of humor about their disability. Since this interview, I do not take tasks such as being able to drive for granted. I noticed his attitude more than his nonverbal gestures, however, his nonverbal actions did suggest to me that he was an outgoing person w/ a high degree of social ease, especially w/ regards to the fact that we did not know each other that well. He seemed to open up to very well and I was impressed at how much I better I came to know him as a person. I also liked how his confidence seemed to stem largely from not only his self-confidence and self-satisfaction with his skills, but also that which he gains from helping others to realize the artistic skills that they may not realize they have.

No comments: