Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Intuitive Decison Making Model

Intuitive Decision-Making Model – I chose this model because when I make a decision, I usually make it base on my gut feeling. When I have anxiety about a particular choice, then I know that is the wrong choice, but when I feel a sense of peace about a particular choice, I then know that is the right decision for me. In this intuitive model, it gives a meditation exercise named “Visualization Exercise” to perform that will allow a person to see past just the pros and cons, and maybe see another path of direction that one may not have even considered. The exercise consists of finding a quiet peaceful place that which you are able to close your eyes and relax. You will then see two pathways. You will see yourself walking down one pathway and you will notice how your body and feelings are responding to this particular pathway. You will then go down the next pathway and notice your response as well. “Walk back again to the fork in the path. You suddenly see a third path that you had not been able to see before. You take the path and experience a solution you had not thought of before. What is it? What does it feel like”?
I feel as though this would be a great way for me to see beyond what is in front of me because usually I do not realize all of my options. I need to spend some quiet time to analyze my situation.

No comments: