Tuesday, September 30, 2008

After the Interview Assignment

I've come away from this assignment with a greater awareness for the presence and interpretation of body language and for the importance of building relationships. I discovered a few new behaviors and feelings from a co-worker, which I wish to possess in my life. With the experience of this interview, I can pursue a closer relationship with this co-worker in hopes that his positive attitude and behaviors will rub off on me.

Since beginning this course, I have been learning to communicate better with my other half. After our lesson on nonverbal communication, I began paying more attention to hers. Slowly, I've been getting a better grasp on her meanings (not what she says, but what she wants me to understand). The interview assignment forced me to sit and pay closer attention to body language. The experience is one I can draw from when interpreting my girlfriend's nonverbal messages and sending her my own. Our relationship will grow closer as a result of the practices I have learned from this assignment. (It already has as she has recently mentioned, "Honey, you really are communicating with me better." Then there was "love language.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point on how there are communication skills learned from the interview that you can apply to your everyday life. I feel that I gained a higher sense of empathy for people based on self-confidence and passion for life.